THE INCA TRAIL & TAMBOPATA RESERVE
13 Days / 12 Nights
Enjoy four exhilarating days of hiking before emerging at the magical citadel itself through the Sun Gate. And before the end of your trip, the Tambopata Reserve will be waiting for you: a nature reserve in the Peruvian Amazon Basin where you will spend three unforgettable days.
The Inca Trail is considered one of the best trekking routes in the world. It walks part of an old Inca road leading to the sacred city of Machu Picchu (Old Mountain in Quechua). Along about 43 kilometers, we will pass through various ecological areas with Salkantay Mountain as a background and other glaciers-considered sacred and called apus by the townspeople.
Besides, prepare you to discover the Tambopata Reserve, which harbors some of the wildest and least impacted habitats in the world. This experience will not leave you indifferent.
lights of this Trip
• Watch the sun rise over Machu Picchu
• Admire Cuzco's Spanish and Inca influences
• Speak some Quechua in the Sacred Valley
• Discovery of the Tambopata Reserve
• Tambopata Research Center
• Caiman Search, birdwatching, Chuncho & Macaw Clay Lick