Aims of our Travel Policy
- It is important for us:
– Not to induce practices or requirements away from the customs and daily life of the people of the community, thinking about an alleged benefit to the tourist.
– Respect the local host capacity.
– Promote among our clients the respect of customs, beliefs and traditions when visiting a community
- Arawi Perú is involved in the promotion of the programme “Solar energy for an Andean Home” in association with our local Cusco provider which tries to replace regular kerosene fuel consumption of an andean family with solar light lamps. The objective is to save money to the families by using green energy and improve his health by discarting kerosene lamps.
- In order to raise awareness among our suppliers, the company has developed a questionnaire that allows us to identify, develop and support those providers interested in improving their operation within the parameters of sustainability.
- The contractual relationship is between the company and its workers its done in a legal and ethical manner, respecting the rights and duties of both parties and ensuring the welfare of all workers. For this we have a strict policy on the welfare of the Inca Trail porters.
The wages paid are fair, gender equality in recruitment policies and a staff training is established.
- We favor those accommodations that handle environmental policies, seeking to reduce negative impact through efficient use of water and energy, and adecuate waste management.
- We are currently working on the writing of information for the traveler to make better know the efforts made for the conservation of biodiversity at the local level, information about the flora and fauna of the visited destination, highlighting the vulnerability and / or endangered species.
- We are also in the process of developing traveler information on waste management in the destinations visited, especially when visiting rural communities.
- Arawi Perú uses recycled paper for making all marketing material (business cards and brochures).